Docketing & Case Assistant
Adli Law Group is a boutique law firm focusing on litigation, intellectual property and business law. Adli Law Group has a position available in our Los Angeles office for a full time Intellectual Property Docket Clerk with a minimum of 3 years of law-related experience with exposure to Litigation and Intellectual Property. This position requires candidates to perform repetitive data entry with accuracy and high attention to detail. Preferred applicants will have an Associate degree. The person selected for this position must be able to work closely with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Opens, logs and dockets all forms of correspondence.
- Forwards correspondence to appropriate parties with updated docket sheet.
- Enters docketing information pursuant to instructions from secretary/paralegal/attorney and returns to appropriate party with updated docket sheet for review.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and custom reports for secretaries/paralegals/attorneys/client.
- Updates references in the Intellectual Property Document Assembly System (IPDAS) and maintains the Patent & Trademark Links database.
- Corresponds with timekeepers regarding status of daily deadlines due and prepares reports accordingly.
- Identifies, prepares and profiles trademark and patent files that meet specified criteria.
- Conducts page by page quality control check of scanned file images prior to physical destruction of file.
- Update Case dockets and files, both manually and on the shared drive
- Support attorneys in processing letters, correspondences, and reporting
This position has the following requirements:
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- remain in a stationary position the majority of the work day;
- be able to move about inside the office to access various items;
- must be able to elevate and transport items up to 25 pounds; constantly operate office machinery including but not limited to computers, computer mouse, hand held devices, and copy machines
- Must have knowledge of the patent and trademark prosecution process and maintenance of patents and trademarks.
- Must have ability to understand Patent and Trademark Office Rules.
- Must have knowledge of State and Federal Litigation rules.
- Must have ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience with ProLaw Docketing System
Adli Law Group is a boutique law firm focusing on litigation, intellectual property and business law. Adli Law Group has a position available in our Los Angeles office for a full time Legal Receptionist with a minimum of 3 years of law-related experience with exposure to Litigation and Intellectual Property. Legal Receptionist & Intake Screener (“Legal Receptionist”) serves as the public’s initial contact with ADLI LAW and as such, is pivotal to the formation of a positive first impression of the organization. The Legal Receptionist is responsible for pre-screening walk-in clients, reviewing intake forms for completeness, booking appointments, and answering telephone inquiries. The Legal Receptionist will also perform ongoing data entry. The Legal Receptionist reports directly to the DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS. This position requires candidates to perform repetitive data entry with accuracy and high attention to detail. The person selected for this position must be able to work closely with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Greets visitors and provides general information on ADLI LAW’s services; pre-screens potential clients by telephone and in person; assists clients in completing intake forms; schedules appointment when appropriate.
- Serves as cashier and receives and documents client fees in accordance with organizational policy.
- Contributes to the safety of the premises by ensuring that only authorized visitors or clients are allowed access to premises by confirming visitors’ appointments with staff members,
- Conducts ongoing data entry; compiles and maintains Legal Department statistics on an as needed basis.
- Performs general clerical duties for the Legal Department on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please send your resume in Word with a writing sample and transcripts in PDF along with a brief cover letter outlining an explanation for the moves and salary history to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY!
We are currently scheduling interviews for immediate hire.